Monday, September 30, 2013

Restoration ecology field trip, Billy

Billy's Reflection


It is awesome to go to Glacial Park and actually do some real science. I don't have that opportunity in my other science class. In Glacial Park, I get to do many thing. I water the plant and plant some acorn into the ground. I also have the opportunity to remove some invasive species and allow more native plant to grow. At first I thought that this is actually a lot of work. I eventually learn the important of why I am doing this. I am doing all of this because I wanted to learn more about restoration ecology. Restoration ecology is crucial. Without it many organism would died. There are many benefit to restoration ecology. It help by reintroducing the native plant to the area. An example of this is by planting an acorn into the ground. Through restoration ecology, invasive specie can be remove so that the native plant can have some to grow. I really like to spend time outside and explore nature. Restoration ecology is way to fix thing that other people have done wrong and appreciate what nature have to offer everybody around the world. In the end, all road will eventually lead to detritus. Matter will then recycled itself and restore the environment to the way it is. This is how nature operate. It is just a biological soup of mixture that will lead to something new and what is to come.



This is the process of planting acorn into the ground

This is the process of removing invasive specie

No comments:

Post a Comment